Healthy Skin Resolutions for the New Year!
Everyone knows that losing weight and going to the gym top the list of New Year’s resolutions, but what about making a resolution to take better care of your skin?
If your skin has been dry and dull or showing signs of aging, now is the time to begin a skin care regimen by making it your New Year’s Resolution, and actually sticking to it. For most people simply washing their face, putting on make-up and heading out the door is all they do. Worst of all, at night, many go to bed without removing their makeup! (Read here why this is BAD!)
Of the numerous ways to achieve great skin, the first is having a good routine that consists of cleansing, exfoliating, treating and moisturizing and it really doesn’t take much time.
Shira Esthetics has several lines of products for all skin types and issues. Our on-site esthetician Jordanna can help you find the best products for whatever your skin concerns may be. Read through her tips below for a healthy skin regimen along with some product ideas and learn how to have the best skin in 2017! All our products can be found on www.shiraesthetics.com.
- Start your regimen by cleansing your face with lukewarm water. If you have normal to dry skin, try our Shir-Radiance Deep Foaming Cleanser. This cleanser is formulated with Mandelic acid to deeply cleanse and brighten the skin and set the skin up for optimizing the rest of a great skin care regimen.
- After cleansing, pat the skin dry and follow with a toner. For oily skin, our Shir-Organic Green Tea Toner will remove any remaining skin residue while its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties clean bacteria on the skin to reduce redness and swelling that can be caused by oily and acne-prone skin.
- Allow the toner to dry on the skin for a minute or two and continue with the next step to great skin by exfoliating. While it’s not necessary to exfoliate everyday, exfoliating removes the dead the skin cells on the face which helps you achieve optimizes results of serums and moisturizers. Formulated with natural alpha-hydroxy acids from real fruit, our Shir-Organic AHA Treatment Scrub, for all skin types, brightens and smooths the skin complexion and surface.
- Serums are treatments that target specific skin concerns such as fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and even acne! More than one serum can be used in your regimen to address more than one skin issue. For example, if your skin is acne-prone but dry due to prescription creams, use our Shir-Organic Eucalyptus Serum to rid the skin of acne causing bacteria followed by the Shir-Radiance Ultrapure Hyaluronic Acid Serum to hydrate and alleviate skin dryness without clogging pores.
- Moisturizers are the last step in the regimen because they lock in all of the benefits from the serum. With SPF 20, our Shir-Radiance Ester-C Collagen Moisturizer, for normal to dry skin, will provide long-lasting hydration. The active ingredient Pentavitin is a unique ingredient that locks in moisture for 72 hours. Also formulated with Ester-C and Mandelic Acid, your skin will be restored with a youthful and healthy glow. If you have oily/combination skin, our Shir-Organic Grapefruit Moisturizer. Grapefruit is rich in Vitamic C, which improves collagen protection and reduces skin damage caused by free radicals.